The origin of M-B Companies Inc. dates back to 1907. The company
was formed by three German craftsmen, brothers Otto and Fred Meili
and Paul Blumberg. Not surprising, they adopted the name "M-B",
which is still used today. The Meili brothers were inventors and
Blumberg was an expert metalworker. They started the company in a
small shop in New Holstein, Wisconsin building agricultural
The Meili brothers and Blumberg were inventing and building a
variety of equipment from road graders to paint stripers. In fact,
the firm was one of the first Ford dealerships in the State of
Wisconsin. As the company evolved, its destiny as a broom and
striper manufacturer became evident. M-B built its first broom (a
horse drawn model) in 1922.
The Meili brothers and Blumberg sold the company in 1954 to
Robert B. Evans, former Chairman of the Board of American Motors.
Twenty years later, M-B was purchased by Terrence J. Cosgrove, who
brought an engineering and marketing background to the company. Mr.
Cosgrove still retains ownership.
M-B has enjoyed steady growth, including the construction in
1974 of an additional facility in Chilton, Wisconsin. In 2003, M-B
acquired the Pro Chip family of wood and brush chippers. In 2004,
M-B acquired the Lafarge Road Marking Equipment Division, located
in Montgomery, Pennsylvania. In 2011, M-B released five (5) new
products in the Airport Snow Removal Equipment market. In 2017, the
Pavement Marking Division relocated into a new facility located in
Muncy, PA that will service customers nationwide. M-B continues to
focus on key niche markets and providing equipment to meet the
needs of independent contractors, governmental agencies, and other
road, turf and airport maintenance organizations around the
Currently, M-B operates out of 4 divisional locations. The
Airport Snow Removal Products division is located at 1200 Park
Street, Chilton, Wisconsin. The Pavement Marking Division is
located at 95 Blessing Drive, Muncy, Pennsylvania. The corporate
office, Attachment Division, and MSV Division are located at 1615
Wisconsin Avenue, New Holstein, Wisconsin. The replacement Brushes
Division is located at 1217 E. Chestnut Street, Chilton,
M-B will continue to grow and provide the products and services
its customers demand. The company is dedicated to being the leader
in performance, reliability and customer service, as it has since
Highway Grader 1941
1941 M-B under body scraper mounted to most highway graders on the
Circa 50's-70's Master 10 Price range was $12-20,000 Unit had 2-60
gal. tanks 2 Guns on carriage & 1 outrigger.
"The Pack King" side loading garbage truck body found duty in all
parts of the United States.
M-B Grader mounted on a IHC tractor with extended frame showing
off its stuff, shown without the optional front brush
M-B "Cruisers" were the first fully hydraulic street sweepers
available in the world.
1959 M-B Side Sweeper, even our old timers don't remember much
about this one.
Model 6-28 Line Striper
The Model 6-28 Line Striper was designed for county & city
work. Manufactured in the early 60's with a single driver/operator
capable of applying two solid or skip lines. 18 Gal. paint tank, 10
H.P. motor with drive to both rear wheels.
Loader Pickup Circa 1965 with single gutter broom in New Holstein,
Early 7 ft. runway broom with 30 gal. water sprinkler system.